African Fruit Fool by Walt Disney World
Tropical African fruit fool recipe.
180g diced fresh pineapple
1 green apple, peeled and diced
1 small, ripe mango, peeled and diced
140g diced fresh papaya
550g red seedless grapes
3 bananas, peeled and sliced
75g shredded coconut
180ml sweetened condensed milk
240ml cream, well chilled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
GD Star Rating
Utensils & EquipmentLarge Mixing Bowl
Drink RecommendationsTastes great with Dessert Wine.
1. Combine pineapple, apple, mango, papaya, grapes, bananas, and coconut in a large bowl. Gently stir to combine.
2. Stir in sweetened condensed milk.
3. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and continue to beat just until stiff peaks form. Working in batches, gently fold whipped cream into fruit mixture and sprinkle a little bit of Walt Disney World magic to complete.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cold, approximately 30 minutes.
Chef Mickey says:
• To cube a mango, with a paring knife, cut off a “cheek” (roundish side).
• Start by gently making parallel cuts down to the skin, but do not cut through the skin. • Repeat the process going the other direction until you have a “grid.”
• Put down the knife, pick up the mango, and with two hands push up on the skin underneath to invert the mango.
• Slide the knife along the skin to free the cubes.
This recipe is from Boma – the Flavors of Africa restaurant, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you would like to experience Walt Disney World Florida’s food offering first hand, you can currently dine for free if booking a trip before 5th November 2013