Bellini Pancakes with Fruit Compote by Matthew Briddon
Chef Matthew Briddon’s Bellini Pancakes with fruit compote.
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 large eggs (beaten)
30 grams butter (melted and cooled)
225 grams plain flour
butter for frying
500g mixed berries
Sugar to taste
1x fresh vanilla pod
Juice of half a lemon
Utensils & EquipmentFood Mixer
Drink RecommendationsTastes great with Dessert Wine.
Makes 15- 18 pancakes
1. Combine all the above ingredients into a mixer and whisk together allow to rest for about half an hour.
2. Heat a pan on the stove.
3. Pour a 10p piece size amount into the pan (repeat until pan is full)
4. When cooking the pancakes, all you need is about 1- 2 minut es per side, you will get about 15- 18 pancakes
1. Add all the above ingredients together and cook down on a low heat and allow to reduce slow and low until you get a compote consistency .
• Place pancake on plate
• Tea spoon of the compote
• Add quenelle of crème fraîche
• Garnish with flower petal , vanilla pod and strawberries dipped in compete.
Recipe by Chef Matthew Briddon from The Old Manor Hotel – Bradford upon Avon